- We only informed Vietnam and China to cease searching in the South China Sea several days after we had known that Mas flight MH370 had made an about-turn from its intended destination to Beijing. Several days wasted that could be crucial to helping in the search for the missing plane.
- The statement that four (or was it five?) who were supposed to board the ill-fated flight did not do so but had checked in their luggage which were then duly removed. That was subsequently contradicted by Mas itself who said that all passengers on the flight list had actually boarded.
- The announcement that the last communication from the flight was 'Good night, all right' and that communication had been verified to have been made by the co-pilot. Now we are told that the last communication was really 'Good night Malaysian 3-7-0' and that they have no idea who said it.
- The identity of the two Iranians. At first they were said to be positively Asian looking, then 'Balotelli type' and finally Iranians.
- The pictures of the two mysterious Iranians. Different faces, but same trousers and same shadows. The explanation: in photo-copying, someone had placed one picture on top of the other. Huh? Really? The Theory of Relativity, by contrast, seems easier to comprehend.
- The cargo manifest. At first, it was a cargo of mangosteen. But March is not mangosteen season! Then, when pressed, there was also a cargo of lithium ion batteries.
- The reluctance to show the cargo manifest when Australia had asked for it to help them in the search for the missing plane.
- The readiness of Najib to announce that Flight MH370 had ended in the southern Indian Ocean based on a private satellite entity's data and that 'beyond any reasonable doubt' there was no hope of any survivor, when not even a single debris or wreckage of the plane or any body had been found. His refusal to take questions from the press.
- The attempts to shift the attention to the captain of the flight as a cause of the disaster.
Instead, we are quick to blame the Chinese families of being emotional and the Chinese press of instigating them?
And we are quick to threaten to sue the press for writing false reports.
Well, Malaysians are not surprised about the authorities' response. We have been bullied and brow-beaten all these years by the DUMBno led government to expect anything better.